Find Pro is currently available on the VA network only. This new tool that aims to aid in finding information regarding ORD policy related to human, animal, and laboratory research protections.
View the webinar of the launch and training materials.
FIND Pro Empowers Researchers:
- Returns relevant and rank ordered search results regarding VA research policy, guidance, and FAQs.
- Provides a portal to ask ORD policy experts questions.As questions are typed, key word searches are being made in the background, and results are presented before the question is even submitted.
- Offers a mechanism for the researcher to provide feedback that is read and discussed by the FIND Pro team, and escalated to ORD leadership as needed.
Types of Documents Included:
- All VA and VHA Directives
- All VA and VHA Handbooks
- ORD Program Guides– 1200 Series
- ORD Guidance
- ORD FAQs
Finding Answers to Questions
ORD welcomes questions related to policy topics. Some topics that ORD can answer include:
- Human Subjects Research
- Animal Research
- Laboratory Research
- Information Security
A few of the many topics that are not in the scope of ORD Policy and Guidance Team are as follows:
- SOPs- Local or Affiliate
- Funding Applications
- Human Resources
If you have a question for the Office of Research and Development dealing with ORD policy topics, please look for the information in the following order:
- Look in FIND Pro for answers to your research related policy questions first.
- You can find more information regarding FIND Pro here, such as the purpose and scope of this tool, types of searchable documents, how to log on, upcoming office hours, and who to email for help.
- If you cannot find an answer in the hundreds of searchable documents within FIND Pro, please ask a question within the FIND Pro tool and it with be routed to the correct subject matter expert.
- Search the ORD Policy and Guidance FAQs- Note that these FAQs are currently under review and are being updated. Once the update is complete, it will be reflected both on this website and in FIND Pro. Search the ORD Policy and Guidance FAQs.
- Ask your local research office. If you are not sure who to ask, please see a current list of Associate Chiefs of Staff for R&D (ACOS/R&D) and Administrative Officers (AO) at VA Medical Centers.
- Contact VHA CO ORD Regulatory at VHACOORDRegulatory@va.gov.
Check It Out!
Open FIND Pro.
First time users- accept permissions for FIND Pro to connect to your Office 365 Outlook Account, and SharePoint
Account.This is safe and has been approved by the OI&T VIPR team. Further instructions can be read.
See for yourself how FIND Pro works.If you need help or would like more information:
a. Read the full 8 page user guide.
b. View the webinar-based training video.
c. Email the FIND Pro support team.
Join meetings below via Microsoft Teams Recurring - Starting in July 2023
If you'd like a calendar invitation, please request it via email to the FIND Pro support team.