Research Study: Telehealth Interventions: Holistic, Non-Medical Treatments for PTSD and Pain in Veterans
To learn more, please contact: Study Coordinator at (857) 364-6262.
Are you a Veteran suffering from PTSD and experiencing Chronic Pain?
Researchers at VA Boston are Studying Holistic, Non-Medical Treatments for Veterans with PTSD and Chronic Pain
You can participate from your home!
Many people who served in the military have symptoms of PTSD in addition to dealing with pain.
We are currently recruiting adults who are experiencing these problems for a health promotion study.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Who can participate?
- Veterans who have been diagnosed with PTSD and are currently experiencing symptoms.
- Are experiencing chronic musculoskeletal pain.
Q: Where will this study take place?
- This study will take place through online video sessions on your home computer.
Q: What are the treatments?
- You will be randomly assigned to either a Wellness or Tai Chi group
- Wellness Group: A skills-based class promoting wellness by focusing on exercise, surroundings, personal growth, diet, sleep habits, relationships, spirituality, and relaxation. Goal setting is discussed in every meeting.
- Tai Chi Group: A Tai Chi class for beginners that teaches movements, forms, and philosophy. Tai Chi is a slow- moving martial art that combines flowing postures with breathing, meditation, and stretching.
- Both groups meet online twice a week for 12 weeks.
Q: Will I be compensated?
- If you qualify and complete the study, you will receive up to $355 in gift cards or direct deposit.
Q: Will medications be prescribed?
- No, this study does not involve medications.
Q: What is involved in the study?
- An initial assessment involving an interview, questionnaires, and assessment of your physical and mental health
- A final assessment after the last session of the program
- All assessments will be completed via phone, mail, or online.
- All classes will be held online.
To learn more, please contact: Study Coordinator at (857) 364-6262
Our staff will answer any questions you may have and help you to decide if our Tai Chi and Wellness for PTSD and Pain in Veterans study is a good fit for you. If so, you will be scheduled for your first phone appointment. You may choose not to participate at any time.
We are recruiting for this study until October 1st 2024.